Who are we
OCRA UK is a not-for-profit, currently self appointed organisation seeking to become the National Governing Body to support & represent Obstacle Course Racing in the UK.
The Board and committee members as it stands are all volunteers and only hold the positions as interim until a public consultation can be held in order to establish a democratically elected board.
Established in Oct 2014, We started taking event memberships in December 2014. Individual memberships are due to be launched in 2017.
Every person involved in OCRA UK is first and foremost a dedicated OCR enthusiast and participant, As an organisation we will work with OCR events & the community, To ensure that the spirit and ethos of OCR remains.
We’re all very personable and friendly people and would love to hear from you, so if you have any concerns, queries or would just like to chat to hear more about what we do, what we stand for and what we want to achieve then please drop us an email with contact details and one of our management committee members will contact you at their earliest convenience.
Likewise if you feel you have something to offer the Association and would like to help, then email us at email@example.com.
- Ensure Obstacle Course Racing is accessible to all.
- Promote, Encourage and Nurture initiative within OCR.
- Work with Events and support services to ensure that races adhere to a set of minimum standards that will help safeguard the runner, marshals, event staff & spectators without taking away any of the fun & Challenging element of the sport.
- Administer the Independent OCR Championship to help promote talented racers and athletes.
- To ensure Safety, Value for money, Fun & Challenging Events throughout the sport.
- Seek to align with an appropriate World Governing body of OCR.
PROMOTION OF SAFE TRAINING & FACILITIES
- To act as a point of liaison between the sport of OCR and bodies such as the Sports & Recreation Alliance, Sport England, Local Authorities and Health and Safety Executive.
- Establish regular training for Marshals/Volunteers & Adjudicators in order to provide a trained resource that will be an asset to the safe running of an OCR.
The Team at OCRA UK
ADDITIONAL KEY FIGURES
- Nav Akbar – Scotland Representative
- Stephen Bowes – England Representative
- Wales Representative
- Northern Ireland Representative
- Medical Representative
- Race Directors Committee
- Athletes Committee
If you would like to be an area representative or any of the vacant positions please send your details with a brief reason why you wish to be considered, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MARSHAL TRAINING AND RESOURCES
- Mark Allen
- Emz Watts
- Dave Peters
- Daniel Lister